Friday, September 3, 2010

Peer Pressure: Good or Bad??



                Youth life is a period where we are exposed to the outside world. For me, it is the period of life where I am able to spend most of my time with my friends. I can say that it is the phase of beginning to become independent in life. It is the period of shaping my personality and developing my own principles. As a youth, I often spend most of my time with my friends. And as we bond together, sometimes, I can’t help but imitate some of their deeds. My peers are the people who influence me. Peer pressure is bound to affect most of us, both, positively and negatively. For me, following our peers blindly leaves a negative impact on our life. I think our peers are not only the one to blame if they influenced us negatively. I believe that it is also our responsibility as an individual to choose the right decisions for ourselves.
            I am also influenced by my friends. And I am proud to say that I am wise enough to choose from what is right and wrong. In my own opinion, Peer pressure is not always bad. I believe that it can also help us analyze ourselves and contemplate on our ways of life. With them, we may be able to change ourselves for the better. If we can choose selectively, peer pressure can actually result in a positive change in our ways of life. My peers play a vital role in the shaping of my personality. Some of their ways of looking at life influences me to change for betterment. They are the people who do not pressurize me to do things but rather inspire me to change myself. My peer group actually persuades me to bring about a constructive change in my personality. On my experiences at present days, I can say that peer pressure is beneficial to me.
            I know that some of us are not that firm enough to resist imitating the negative acts of some of our peers. But if you make yourself responsible enough, you might also think that having peer is one of the greatest achievements in life. What I am trying to imply is that it is us who are designing our own future not those people around us. They are just an inspiration for us to become a better person.

4 comments:

  1. i agree..

    naka depende nman po un sa tao kung magppa-impluwensya siya o hindi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. y will u choose friends na bad influence sau??
    ur old enough to know kung cnong dapat mong kaibiganin...kea choose ur friends wisely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. (^_^) there is no such thing as a "bad influence" friend, there are only "bad environment" in my opinion.... (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..tama many friends can change us,,but is up to u kung maniniwala o magpapadala ka sa kanilang snsbi..ur are in choices between good or bad..but for me choose a friend that loyal,good and do not leave you until the time that u need a help ang fullfilment..

    ReplyDelete