Tuesday, September 7, 2010

j3j3M0|\|


                Jejemons are said to be the new “jologs” a term used for Filipinos of the lower income class. I can’t blame them, trying to decipher jejemon speaks fells to me the equivalent of hearing nails on a blackboard.
                Personally I would say given the fact that the Philippines is an English speaking country, the language is considered an “elite” one and used primarily by the educated classes. Maybe these changes in English language are just one way for those not well used in English, whether rich or poor to subvert and own the language, jejemon are people who use of spelling like alternating capitalization of letters and other weird characters like “luarn” instead of “lang”.
                Before im one of the jejemon my sister irritated to me when im texting her “”eow xiz, how are eu? Im ir nha sza housz” and then she replied me “**** ayusin mu nga txt mu” I laugh when I read her replied because I thought she understand what am I saying. Being a jejemon does not make me illiterate, for me writing in a jejemon style is a just one way of expressing ourselves. Everyone has his or her own foolishness, but I do not actually mean that this way of writing is foolish.  What I mean is it gives happiness to jejemons, including me, without affecting our moral values. We should focus on the content of the language not with the way it was writer.
                Jejemon is just a fad. There’s a saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so we jejemons find it beautiful in our eyes and no one can question that.
                We are all jejemons in our own small, helpless ways. Who among us can claim to never have typed even once “TNX” on our cellphone? Before we cast aspersions on spelling and grammar of jejemons , we must first examine the infallibility of our own. That goes for both command of language and tastes in culture.

4 comments:

  1. according to rizal.. "MAHALIN NATEN ANG SARILING WIKA" but sad to say co'Filipinos distroyed this quote . kya this article was really true or me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..yup if what is in.,many people are willing to join or get it,,especially the youth..like ang in na in at bago ngayon..ang JEJEMON sa text,,it complicated to read it,but many youth are in,in that kind of text,even our sariling WIKA ay nasasapawan na ,,so that many people against that., there's a group that contradict on that.,it they call it JEJEBUSTERS.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I had encountered “jejemon” text messages that read “jejeje”, I had no clue it was really meant and typed that way. I even thought it was a typo of “hehehe”, mistakenly sent by pressing the submit/send key right away.

    I am not against jejemons, just that till now i can't kind of like any "jejemon thingie". Sorry. No offense meant. Coz I, myself, do not tolerate a jejemon’s style of jejetyping. Believe me, I have been using SMS almost everyday communicating with friends but I was not influenced by this style. I, in fact, type as how I converse, no shortcuts and numbers used in the sentences I compose.

    I agree though that we're entitled to express ourselves in any way possible so long as it makes us happy no matter how people criticize such. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. jejejeje ... harharhar... eow pw03h ustha powh ? aghr33 aqoeh ditoh sa post nah toh kze proud jejemon pfoe aqoe! obvious aman pfoeh dvahh? ajejeje . pizzzz

    ReplyDelete